Its true, I'm officially ONE year old as of yesterday. Today's my big party. Mom and Dad have been preparing for my Korean feast for days. Its going to be GREAT fun.
We're also going to have a toljabee, a Korean 1st birthday tradition where I go around the table and picks up items that are attractive to me. My future is predicted according to the what I grab. The first and second items I grabs are considered the most important. My future is predicted according to the following items:
-bow and arrow: the child will become a warrior
-needle and thread: the child will live long
-jujube (red date): the child will have many descendants
-book, pencil, or related items: the child will become a successful scholar
-rice or rice cake: the child will become rich
-ruler, needle, scissors: the child will be talented with his/her hands
-knife: the child will be a good cook
Plus Dad is adding a few of his own items, like a computer mouse and a stethascope.
My party was a great success. Great food and fun company. I even got a walk-behind '56 Chevy that my Grandpa made me. For my toljabee, I picked the computer mouse and the ruler.
No comments:
Post a Comment